I’m on the fence about how I feel about New Year’s resolutions. On one hand, it’s important to have goals. On the other, New Year’s resolutions often fall flat by the end of the January. Do you know why that is?
Studies show that more than 80% of people that make New Year’s resolutions don’t stick to them. There are a number of reasons why this happens, but the most common is that people try to do too much, too fast and/or they expect overnight results. When they can’t keep up or they don’t see the results they hoped for, they give up.
So, instead of making a blanket resolution, like “this year I’m going to lose weight,” what do you say we resolve to make small, attainable changes that help us reach our overall goal?
In my opinion, it’s better and easier to focus on making small changes that work to build healthy habits over time, than making an overwhelming statement that results in failure.
It’s Time to Commit to Self-Care
After the year we’re coming off of, I think just about everyone could benefit from making self-care a priority in the new year.
Last year was stressful. The new year is looking like it’s going to have it ups and downs too. De-stressing through self-care will be critical in 2021.
Self-care will look different for each of us. For me, I know one of my overall goals is to make some changes in my business. But, if I’m not rested, focused and healthy, my mind will be elsewhere and I won’t be able to achieve my business goals. So for me, I need to commit to self-care that includes ways to de-stress and remain healthy. I’m working on a plan to do just that!
An Idea for You
So, how will you commit to self-care this year? If you aren’t sure, let me make a suggestion.
Focus on your skin care.
You’re probably thinking, “of course she’d say skin care,” but hear me out. Skin care can do more than you think.
- De-stress – Coming in for a skin care treatment can be a great way to de-stress. My treatments are relaxing and for the time you’re with me you can completely unplug from life. Here’s where to learn more about my treatments.
- Confidence – Improving your skin can give you a renewed sense of self-confidence. Having self-confidence can be a huge help when you’re working toward other goals.
- Catalyst – When you start to see how good it feels to commit to change, make yourself a priority AND you start to see noticeable results, that momentum can act as a catalyst for other improvements.
- Unbreakable Me–Time – The time you devote to your skin care routine can become your unbreakable “me time.” It can be the time each day where you are alone with yourself and your thoughts. If you commit to investing time each day to your skin care routine, you’re guaranteed some me time each day.
- Overall Health – Your skin is your largest organ your body has. Just like you make time for diet and exercise, you should make time to take care of your skin. The benefits of focusing on your skin’s health will last a lifetime.
Remember, improving your skin is a marathon, not a sprint. Commit to making skin care apart of your self-care resolution this year. Enjoy the benefits of daily alone time, while you de-stress and improve your skin but don’t get antsy. Results will come in time!