Did you get a great tan this summer? If you said yes and thought back to how good your sun kissed legs looked all summer, I’ve got some bad news. A tan is actually just sun damage to your skin.
What is sun damage?
Sun damage is caused when your unprotected skin is exposed to UVA and UVB rays. So, if you don’t apply sunscreen regularly, or at all, you’ve exposed your skin to these harmful rays. Some people may tan, others burn. Either is outcome is a form of sun damage to your skin.
The Effects of Sun Damage
In the short-term you may experience red, dry, flakey or itchy skin. The real effects of sun damage start to show up over time. When you’ve had too much unprotected sun exposure, as you age you’ll start to notice:
- Fine lines
- Sun spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Dry skin
- Dull skin
If you’re already starting to notice these things, continued sun exposure is just going to make them worse.
Here’s how to reverse the effects of sun damage
I can’t turn back the hands of time. I also can’t follow you to the beach, put sunscreen on you and make you wear a wide brimmed hat to cover your face! But, I can offer you some great services to start the process of reversing the damage. Here are my favorites for reversing sun damage:
- A series of chemical peels
– Chemical peels work to resolve a number of skin care issues. It comes in different strengths and blends to suit your specific skin type. In the studio, I customize every peel service to the client. In order to be effective, you need to get on a consistent skin care regime at home using the right products.
- Korean Facials – Korean facials are one of my newest services and they are amazing for improving your skin. They can help reserve sun damage and so much more. Read about them here.
- Microneedling – Microneedling uses your body’s natural healing process to increase collagen and elastin production. This can greatly improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sun spots!
- Nano Infusion Treatments – Nano Infusion Treatments create tiny channels in the top layer of your skin to allow powerful serums to absorb and improve prematurely aging, dehydrated and dull skin.
- Bend Beauty Products – Beauty Bend Products are another new tool in arsenal against sun damaged skin. Unlike typical beauty products, these are actually supplements that you ingest. They nourish from within and work to create a foundation for healthy skin.
So, if you know you over indulged in the sun this summer, or maybe you were a sun lover in your younger years, let’s get to work. Schedule a consultation with me. We’ll go over all you’ve been doing and come up with a plan of attack to start reversing your sun damage. I can promise that plan will include a great SPF for everyday use, in-studio treatments and an at-home care regime!