We’ve talked about the Core Four products that every skin care regimen needs. Here’s a refresher in case you missed that post. So, by now, you’ve probably got the basics down pat, but what if I told you there was an easy way to take your daily skin care routine to the next level, with one simple step?
Meet Double Cleansing
Double cleansing is an easy way to take your skin care routine to the next level and the good news is, it’s as simple as it sounds. You’re quite literally washing your face twice BUT with two different cleansers. I recommend double cleansing as part of your nighttime skin care routine. That said, there is a little more to double cleansing then just washing twice so let’s dig in.
The Benefits to Double Cleansing
So why are we doing this? Simply put, double cleansing gets your skin cleaner. The first cleanse removes makeup and other things on the surface of your skin. With that stuff out of the way, the second cleanse can get down deep to the impurities that may have settled in your pores. The result is cleaner skin that is ready to absorb your nighttime products and let them get to work!
The Best Products for Double Cleansing
As I mentioned earlier, double cleansing isn’t as simple as just washing twice. If you want to do it right and get maximum benefits, you should use two different products. I personally recommend Luxe Antioxidant Cleanser as your pre-cleanse and Luxe Hydra Cleanse as a second cleanse. These two products paired together do a great job of removing stuff from the surface of your skin, then getting down deep WITHOUT any harsh and/or drying ingredients.
If you’re not sure of what products to use, contact me. I’m happy to make a recommendation based on your skin type.
Post Double Cleanse
After you double cleanse, you should continue through your regimen as you normally do. Don’t forget to rehydrate your skin with your serums and moisturizer. This is an important step that shouldn’t be skipped.
Then wa-la! You have perfectly cleansed skin that’s ready for bed.
- Should I double cleanse daily?
- If you wear makeup, you can benefit from double cleansing daily. If you are more of an o’naturale beauty, you could still double cleanse daily, but if you want a regimen specific to your skin, ask your Esti!
- Do I need to double cleanse if I don’t wear makeup?
- Yes! Your skin still comes in contact with pollutants and debris so even if you don’t wear makeup, double cleansing can be beneficial.
- Should people of all ages double cleanse?
- Yes! From teen skin to mature skin, most people can benefit from making double cleansing a part of their skin care routine.
- Can you over cleanse?
- If you are cleansing more than twice per day or if you’re using harsh products, yes. Many over the counter products have harsh cleansing ingredients. If you’re using face wash from the big box stores, be careful not to dry out your skin.